We Sign Classroom Favorites is a collection of new and traditional songs that can be used for a variety of purposes by teachers, early childhood professionals, and parents who wish to introduce and use American Sign Language, ASL, with preschool and elementary school age children.
- CD of all songs is now included at two tempos. We provide you with a recording of each song at recorded DVD tempo as well as at a slower learning tempo to help teach the songs to children.
- Instructional Insert with idea's, tips, instruction, and practical advice on how to use and be successful signing with We Sign Products.
Elementary School Classroom Favorites features songs that are not only fun, but can be used to support core learning as well as playful musical activities for a variety of seasons. The songs feature rhymes and a finger spelling song for reading readiness. There are songs for year round themes like Halloween, Christmas, Earth Day, and American Heritage.
The We Sign Instructor will first teach and demonstrate all the signs that will be used in each song. Then the instructor will sing and sign along to each of the songs. This helps anyone, with or without signing experience, to correctly sign the songs. We Sign always recommends adjusting the signs used to be age appropriate. For younger children, start with just a few signs and add more with proficiency. For older children, include all the signs and start out slowly to enhance proficiency.
Special features include: We Sign Instructor track, We Sign Kids track, subtitles, a song jukebox, closed captioning, and repeat play.
Signed elementary school songs are:
- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
- I Saw a Ship A-Sailing
- Earth, Earth, Earth
- Home on the Range
- This is the Way We Wash Our Hands
- Jingle Bells
- One Little
- There Was an Old Woman
American Sign Language, ASL, and Songs:
- Supports the early learning of vocabulary and core educational concepts.
- Enhances memorization and recall through the utilization of a variety of learning styles – music, movement, visual, verbal, and more, all at the same time.
- Offers a playful parent-child or teacher-child bonding activity.
- Develops fine and gross motor skills.
- Strengthens reading readiness.
- Creates an enthusiasm for learning.
View All Products
Books, DVDs, CDs